Surf Club Needs Your Help!

Where all the bluesmen would sit pickin' & grinnin' and shooting the breeze. Post a note on any other subject for which there is not a special board. You're welcome to use this board for conversation and fun - there are no real "rules." Just be as courteous as you would be in person, please.

Surf Club Needs Your Help!

Postby Crawlin Kingsnake on March 12th, 2009, 6:07 pm

A letter from Jim Bryum, the current owner.

Hi,

Thanks to all of you who have showed concern and support during these very difficult times for me and Surf Club Live.

Many have asked how they could help me. My integrity and business operations are being challenged. If anyone wants to help, this is how you can do so. You can write a letter that I can submit in support of myself and Surf Club Live. Speak freely as to how you feel about me, my personal dealings with you, and what I am trying to do here in support of the community, local musicians, and the local music scene in general. Feel free to make any comments you would like. I’ve tried my best to keep this club going in a terrible economy and against tremendous odds. I have done all I can to support musicians and non-profit organizations such as the DC Blues Society. I have tried to keep this club, which so many you love so much, open and running shows every week. For those that have asked how you can help, this is an opportunity for you to help me. It does not matter if you are a member of an organization, a musician, or a loyal patron, I will submit all the letters I receive as a sign of the support I have within the community.

Please email any letters to jamesbyrum@yahoo.com

Thank you. Your support means a lot to me during these difficult times.

James Byrum
Surf Club Live
Also known as Dave Strickler
Living on Blues Power
Image Join me on Facebook
Crawlin Kingsnake
Site Administrator

Return to The Front Porch